Forest Owners Field Days!
These out-in-the-woods, family-friendly events allow you to attend five or six different outdoor classes and workshops on topics like tree planting, weed control, thinning, tree diseases, mushroom-growing, and much more…
- Ronald, WA (Kittitas County) — June 20, 2015
- Vashon Island (King County) — July 26, 2015
- Francis (Pacific County) —August 15, 2015
- Conway (Skagit County) – August 29, 2015
- East Sound (San Juan Islands) – September 26, 2015
Poplar for Biofuels Field Tour
Advanced Hardwood Biofuels Northwest invites you to join its researchers for a day out in the field at the project’s Hayden Demonstration Site for hybrid poplars — a purpose-grown crop for bioenergy. Lunch included!
- Hayden, Idaho — June 30, 2015, 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Forest Stewardship Coached Planning
If you own wooded property, our flagship course will teach you how to assess your trees, avoid insect and disease problems, and attract wildlife. State experts will help you develop your own forest stewardship plan to keep your woods on track to provide enjoyment and income for years to come.