WSU/UI Extension Family Foresters Workshop
This annual forum presented by WSU and UI Extension provides updates on emerging technology and knowledge applicable to family forestry.
- January 16, 2015 – Coeur d’Alene, ID. More information
Forestry Assessment for Real Estate Professionals
Give your clients expert advice on wooded properties and current use taxation for forestry. 15 clock hours.
- Starting January 20 – Everett. More information
Forestry Classes at the 2015 Country Living Expo
Classes include Chainsaws 101 – For Women, Edible Mushroom Cultivation, Native Trees of Western Washington and many more.
- January 31 – Stanwood. More information
Forest Owners Winter School
Hands-on, interactive all-day event with many class choices ranging from chainsaw maintenance (bring your saw!) to wildlife habitat, plant ID, native land use, wildfire planning, timber management and many more, including vendors and exhibits.
- February 21 – Colville. More information
Native Trees of Western Washington – Presentations and Book Signings
- January 6 – Everett: Details about this event
- January 9 – Forks: Details about this event
- January 17 — Enumclaw: Details about this event
- January 31 – Stanwood: Details about this event
- February 17 – Seattle (signing only): Details about this event
- More information about these and other book-signing events
Get updates on the tricks of the trade, and receive 8 Continuing Education Credits from Washington Contract Loggers Association
- March 25 – Colville: Contact Steve McConnell for additional information.
Forest Stewardship Coached Planning
If you own wooded property, our flagship course will teach you how to assess your trees, avoid insect and disease problems, and attract wildlife. State experts will help you develop your own Forest Stewardship Plan to keep your woods on track to provide enjoyment and income for years to come.
- Winter 2015 Online (for western Washington landowners)
- February 12 – March 26, 6:00-9:00 p.m. Thursday evenings
- Monroe, Tuesday evenings, starting March 31
- Spokane, Pend Oreille and Columbia counties’ Coached Planning classes are looking for more participants. Contact Steve McConnell for new times and locations, and encourage your neighbors to attend.
Mark Your Calendars for next summer’s Forest Owners Field Days!
- Eastside — June 20, 2015
- Westside — August 15, 2015
- North Puget Sound Field Day, Conway, WA (Skagit County) — August 22