Fires and Forests, East of the Cascade Divide
Humanities Washington speaker John Marshall will lead a discussion on wildfire management philosophy and its lasting effects in our forests and communities. More information about these free public presentations.
- October 22, 2014, Colville
- October 23, 2014, Republic
- October 24, 2014, Tonasket
Vashon Field Trip-Healthy Woodlands to Healthy Homes
Three tours including forest health harvesting techniques, local milling yard, and and use of local wood at high school. Free.
- October 25, 2014, Vashon Island
More information about this event
Protecting Your Home and Family from Wildfire
- November 1, 2014, Leavenworth.
For information and registration, contact Andy Perleberg, 509 667-6540, email@example.com
Pizza Seminars: Bellevue and Everett
Enjoy pizza while listening to a guest speaker on forestry topics. Additional information and registration at forestry.wsu.edu
- November 1, 2014: Wetlands, ponds, and Amphibians Seminar – Everett
- December 4, 2014: Native Trees Seminar and Book Signing – EverettMore information about these events
WSU/UI Extension Family Foresters Workshop
This annual forum presented by WSU and University of Idaho Extension provides updates on emerging technology and knowledge applicable to family forestry.
- January 17, 2015 – Coeur d’Alene, ID.
For information, contact Andy Perleberg, 509 667-6540, firstname.lastname@example.org
Forest Owners Winter School
Hands-on, interactive all-day event with many class choices ranging from chainsaw maintenance (bring your saw!) to wildlife habitat, plant ID, Native land use, wildfire planning, timber management and many more, including vendors and exhibits. Registration and information at http://forestry.wsu.edu or contact Andy Perleberg, 509 667-6540, email@example.com
- February 21, 2015; 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., Colville
Forest Stewardship Coached Planning
If you own wooded property, our flagship course will teach you how to assess your trees, avoid insect and disease problems, and attract wildlife. State experts will help you develop your own Forest Stewardship Plan to keep your woods on track to provide enjoyment and income for years to come.
- Winter 2015 Online (for western Washington Landowners
- February 12 – March 26; Thursday evenings from 6 to 9 p.m.
More information about this course
- Fall Coached Planning classes in Spokane, Pend Oreille, and Columbia counties are postponed until November so we can get more participants. Contact Steve McConnell for the new times, dates and locations (Encourage your neighbors to attend, too.)
Mark Your Calendars for next summer’s Forest Owners Field Days!
- Eastside — June 20, 2015
- Westside — August 15, 2015